Sunday, April 1, 2007

Freising, Germany


Germany? What am I doing in Germany? That's what I was thinking. Freising Germany lies just south of Munich Germany -- that's all I knew. Megan and I found ourselves there visiting a friend of hers, it was something that we had looked forward to. I had been still feeling the effects of Zurich so I didn't do much. They say Munich is a beautiful city, I couldn't tell you, because I didn't go. For the entire week after Zurich I felt ill. It wasn't a great time really, all I was capable of was sloth like behavour and I didn't move around too much.




Freising was however a cute little town. Admittedly though I was getting a little bit tired of cobblestone streets, cute towns, and foreign languages -- it began to seem like all of these places that I'd been were meshing together to create one cobblestone hell. Perhaps it was due to my being under the weather...may be it was just my frustration often being lost in translation. Whatever the case I took myself out for a walk to explore this quaint little town.



A town of bears. That's what Freising was. It was kind of amusing really. Large bear statues littered the town and each had its own theme. Outside of the cheese store there was the swiss cheese bear, outside of the police station the police bear, and the same goes with the bakery. I think my favorite bear was the gummy bear with gummies painted all over him and of course the bear with a big hole in his stomach. If only I had a huge hole in the place of my stomach to have all of the chocolate I'd eaten fall right through... if only.


























































That was about it for Freising. A little bit of relaxing and a lot of reading. If there is one thing to be remembered about Freising is isn't the bears for me, but the first town that I had actually read my first book from cover to cover in the run of a night... though the bears were quite impressive.

4 comments:

Chahula said...

Oh my god - the Swiss cheese bear rocks!!!

Angie Parker said...

A WHOLE book??? I wonder if you really are begining to live my life...maybe just in a different time zone?

love you

Denise Patrick said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to let you know I'm going to link to this post on mine. I was back in Freising in June, but did I take any pictures of the bears - of course not! What was I thinking? Actually I thought my daughter got some shots that I was going to use - but she hadn't taken any either. I'm sorry you didn't get to Munich - there you would have seen lions everywhere!

Willowlady said...

Well, you might have been a little disoriented from the get-go, since Freising lies NORTH of Munchen, not south. Lived there as a kid for two and a half years, and am going back for a visit this summer.